Monday, July 14, 2008

Internship Day 12

Today was another long twelve hour day! I arrived and input the ILL requests as usual. I also helped out on the phones again, but nothing too interesting to report there.
In the evening I read more journals and also helped out with the Ask-A-Librarian service. I received an interesting question regarding women's rights in pre-revolutionary France, but I wasn't able to help the student too much. The Ask-A-Librarian service posts dummy library card numbers so that other librarians may have access to whatever library system is serving the patron, but many seem to have forgotten to renew theirs. Part of me wanted to write an email to kindly remind the system I had to use to renew theirs, but I thought better of it.
I also got to have a nice chat with an older librarian tonight. It's always interesting to see their perspective on the profession, it's changes, and their thoughts on it.
I arrived at 8am this morning and left at 8pm, totalling 12 hours.

No comments: