Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Post!

So I'm trying to blog about my experiences at my internship this summer. The first few posts are being backdated simply to allow me to chronicle them on the actual day that they occurred.
This internship will last all summer long and will be for three credit hours, equalling out to nine hours each week. I'll be working at the Main Library for the Palm Beach County Library System each Monday, all day, and odd hours here and there to bring myself up to nine hours.
I have three learning objectives. I'll be taught introductory things one would normally teach a beginning reference librarian, such as how to use various reference materials, how to conduct a reference interview, and such like that. My second is to participate in the Collection Development process. I'll be doing this by participating in selection committee meetings as well as aiding in weeding processes. My third and final objective is to practice my teaching skills by teaching two different computer classes before the end of the summer.

No comments: